Web Designer (Full Time)
Come work with us at carbonhouse! A division of AXS, carbonhouse is a 16-year-old web-design firm. We specialize in websites and apps for some of the biggest live-entertainment venues in the world, including The O2 London, Staples Center, Barclays Center, the arenas of NHL & NBA teams, and some of the most historic performing arts theaters in the country. We build all of our sites in the CMS we designed specifically for the entertainment industry. We work collaboratively in a laid-back setting with no time tracking.
With over 300 venues and sports team clients world-wide. Our sites are visited by millions of people each year. That’s millions of reasons to join our team. Visit the clients' page for our full portfolio.
What You'll Be Doing
- Craft responsive and accessible websites for the entertainment and sports industries
- Deliver strategic and consistent end-to-end experience for users
- Influence the design and directions of the projects you work on
- Work collaboratively with developers to execute design vision
- Design according to requirements documentation
- Follow client brand guidelines and modifying these guidelines when appropriate
- Meet realistic design deadlines
The Skills And Experience We're Seeking
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Graphic Design (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- A strong online portfolio highlighting work
- 3+ years of experience designing for digital
- Strong typography, color, and layout skills
- Proficient in UX Design
- Understanding of usability principles and web standards
- Expert proficiency with Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite/similar programs
- Ability to quickly prototype new designs and features
- Stickler for detail
What's In It For You
- Relaxed and casual atmosphere
- No time tracking or stopwatch on client projects
- Latest Apple hardware and software
- Stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Ergonomic chair for hours of enjoyment and comfort
- 'Free Time' each day to work on non-client projects and professional development
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Plethora of vacation
- Matching 401K
Why Is Carbonhouse A Great Place To Work?
- Millions will see your work around the world
- You will work with the biggest venues in the world.
- You will create solutions for sports teams around the world.
- Your work will be in multiple languages.
- You won't spend wasteful hours tracking your time on projects.
- Your work will power an industry.
Charlotte, North Carolina