FRONT END DEVELOPER
Updated: August 8, 2018
Come work with us at carbonhouse! We specialize in websites for some of the biggest live-entertainment venues in the world, including The O2 London, Staples Center, Barclays Center, the arenas of over dozens NHL & NBA teams, and some of the most historic performing arts theaters in the country.
We build all of our sites in the CMS we designed specifically for the entertainment industry, and work collaboratively in a laid-back setting with no time tracking.
Ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about the user experience, code quality and working efficiently. Contact us if you've got the chops and at least 2 years of professional experience with HTML/CSS/JS programming.
What you'll be doing:
Maintain and update existing client portfolio
Provide and promote the highest level of customer service
Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance
Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood
Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilized to minimise waste and reduce costs
Work with Product Management on the feasibility of upcoming changes
The skills and experience we're seeking:
2+ years of experience working with HTML, CSS and SASS across multiple browsers.
2+ years of experience integrating with web services using JSON and/or XML.
2+ years of experience working with modern web application frameworks/tools (e.g. jQuery, Backbone, Ember, etc.).
Version control with Git.
PHP development experience, with the ability to manipulate PHP for output.
Strong focus on front-end design and modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience.
Ability to build mobile compliant websites with a good understanding of cross-browser debugging.
Strong understanding of application programming interfaces
Experience in working with social applications interfacing with Facebook and Twitter
Excellent project management skills
Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products
Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
What's in it for you:
- Killer new coffee machine with unlimited lattes
- Relaxed and casual atmosphere
- No time tracking or stopwatch on client projects
- Latest Apple hardware and software
- Stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Ergonomic chair
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive vacation time
- Matching 401K
carbonhouse partners with over 250 venues and sports teams worldwide. Our sites are visited by millions of people each year. That's millions of reasons to join our team.
Why is carbonhouse a great place to work?
- Your work will be seen by millions of people around the world.
- You will work with the biggest venues in the world.
- You will create solutions for sports teams around the world.
- Your work will be in multiple languages.
- You won't spend wasteful hours tracking your time on projects.
- Your work will absolutely power an industry.
- Small team with REALLY fancy coffee machine
We don't have a basketball court in our office, but there are basketball courts all over the world. We don't have a bowling alley, but do you really like bowling anyway?
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC